Expensive tip: make sure you have the right CPU before trying to install it on the mobo. Yeah. Anything I can do with this screwed up one with one broken pin? It's such a waste. An expensive waste. *cries*
--
I hate it when other people like things and I go in wanting to like them too and... don't. Case in point:
Glee
Brick
You know how I feel about Glee if you've read my past comments. I just don't get it.
I've heard awesome things about Brick, but I hadn't watched it until recently. I almost wish I hadn't. It felt so pretentious at first, like the writer was saying, 'Oh, look at us, aren't we cool? Ooo, we're so awesomesauce with our fast talking and lingo.' Then it just slid into a bad high school play. It wasn't so much noir as high school-drama to me. On a side note: Why, in these murder mysteries involving women, do the women always have to be sleeping around with 3 or 4 guys? I'm not really a big feminist who yells j'accuse whenever a woman is stereotyped or put in a less than perfect role, but this is starting to annoy me.
However, there are things I do like that others rave about:
Burn Notice - I'm so in love with this show, hee! Michael and Sam and Sam and Michael! It reminds me of The Rockford Files. Rockford Files meets Leverage meets Miami Vice.
Eureka - It's just fun! Like cotton candy. Carter is just perfect with the humor.
Leverage - I'm really liking this one... especially all the DW references!
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Love it. Why did it go away? *cries*
--
Another side note: why do I always dislike the pairings in the shows I watch? Okay, not always, but 80% of the time.
Smallville - Clark/Lana, Clark/Lois - So much boring and so many annoyances with these relationships. They take over the entire show with their melodramatic crap.
Buffy - Buffy/Spike - I didn't like it the first time around, and I still don't, but I accept it and even understand it. And it is hot. (I didn't say that)
Angel - Wes/Fred - I liked Fred/Gunn. Then Fred suddenly turned into this whole other person and I hated her. And then she turned into a gigantic Mary Sue and I hated her more. Illyria was awesome though. Do I even need to mention Cordy/Connor? *shudders*
Alias - Syd/Vaughn - Bo-ring! I was a half-hearted Sydney/Will 'shipper. Even Sydney/Sark had more chemistry than Sydney/Vaughn.
GG - Rory/Jess, Rory/Logan - Hated both of these men. So. very. much. Seething hatred.
HIMYM - Robyn/Barney - I resisted it, but now that it's here... eh. It doesn't bother me and I think that's because I don't care that much.
Burn Notice - Michale/Fiona - I don't get this relationship, it's boring and there's no chemistry... someone else on LJ said something to that affect, but I can't remember who. I don't think they work, especially as this epic love story it's being painted it as. *shrug* I like her, don't get me wrong. I loved her in the first few episodes, and then they sort of changed her into this anooying woman who put herself and others in danger just to talk about her relationship with Michael and I lost all respect for her. I do like her again though. Less than in the beginning, but I like her. For a few episodes I thought Sam/Fiona was in the works. They have chemistry. I love them together, I just don't think I'd love them in a relationship. I've thought way too much about this. *moves on*
Eureka - Jack/Allison - This one is iffy because I don't know for sure they're heading that way again, yet, some more. I really hope it's not. I like Allison and I liked Allison/Nathan, but I don't really see Allison/Carter. Especially not after Tess. I love/loved her! Please don't go away forever.
Leverage - Nate/Sophie - I'm not against them, per se, they just bore me. I liked Sophie much better in the first season. Then they turned her all maternal and softened her... the mom-hair probably doesn't help. It feel a lot like Fiona in Burn Notice. It's okay to keep a woman abrasive and not lose the audience. Look at Parker. She took a long time to grow on me. I despised her in the pilot, not because she wasn't soft, but because of what she did to her parents and the blatant disregard she has for life. That's going a bit far for a character we're supposed to like. They left the parents thing a bit vague if I remember right, and then changed things later? I can't remember. Anyway, she grew on me, especially when she and Hardison are together. I love them. Hee.
Veronica Mars - Veronica/Duncan - This pairing really did nothing for the show. The past relationship was fine, but once Veronica toughened up and became the character we loved, they shouldn't have gone there again. I won't even mention Keith/wassername from Just Shoot Me. Harmony?
--
So, I have 3 new shows I'm going to be watching, yay! Because, I have a pathetic tv schedule this year. The past few years actually. Here's my current schedule as I remember it:
Monday -
Heroes
HIMYM *(downloading)
Tuesday -
--
Wednesday -
--
Thursday -
Project Runway
FlashForward
Supernatural
Friday -
Medium
Dollhouse *(downloading)
Smallville *(downloading)
Saturday -
--
Sunday -
Dexter *(downloading)
I haven't caught up on more than the first episode of HIMYM this year. Or Dexter. I like watching shows in blocks.
And the shows I do watch are either annoying the hell out of me--Smallville--or boring me to death-- Heroes, Supernatural, Project Runway, FlashForward. Dollhouse is just sort of there... not even boring, just existing. And Dexter feels like it lost something over the past 2 years. Medium is decent, as it has been for years. I've never been in love with the show, but I do really like it. I'm thrilled it moved to CBS when NBC canceled it.
I'm planning on starting Fringe again--I gave up after 5 episodes or so--and tried to catch up on Sanctuary again, but the next episode I had to watch from when I stopped was one in a plane crash in the Himalayas or something and it was so baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I couldn't even get through the whole episode. Does it get better? Should I stick it out? I hate that I dislike anything Amanda Tapping is in.
So, if you have any shows you love and think I should watch/be watching go ahead and pimp them.
--
I am almost finished with my auction fic... finished-ish. Heh. I also wrote a Glimpse in my head last night and all I have to do is write it down. This is huge. I haven't written or gotten any ideas in way too long. I was beginning to think my interest had completely waned. So glad it didn't.
--
* The downloaded shows I watch whenever I get around to them.
--
I hate it when other people like things and I go in wanting to like them too and... don't. Case in point:
Glee
Brick
You know how I feel about Glee if you've read my past comments. I just don't get it.
I've heard awesome things about Brick, but I hadn't watched it until recently. I almost wish I hadn't. It felt so pretentious at first, like the writer was saying, 'Oh, look at us, aren't we cool? Ooo, we're so awesomesauce with our fast talking and lingo.' Then it just slid into a bad high school play. It wasn't so much noir as high school-drama to me. On a side note: Why, in these murder mysteries involving women, do the women always have to be sleeping around with 3 or 4 guys? I'm not really a big feminist who yells j'accuse whenever a woman is stereotyped or put in a less than perfect role, but this is starting to annoy me.
However, there are things I do like that others rave about:
Burn Notice - I'm so in love with this show, hee! Michael and Sam and Sam and Michael! It reminds me of The Rockford Files. Rockford Files meets Leverage meets Miami Vice.
Eureka - It's just fun! Like cotton candy. Carter is just perfect with the humor.
Leverage - I'm really liking this one... especially all the DW references!
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Love it. Why did it go away? *cries*
--
Another side note: why do I always dislike the pairings in the shows I watch? Okay, not always, but 80% of the time.
Smallville - Clark/Lana, Clark/Lois - So much boring and so many annoyances with these relationships. They take over the entire show with their melodramatic crap.
Buffy - Buffy/Spike - I didn't like it the first time around, and I still don't, but I accept it and even understand it. And it is hot. (I didn't say that)
Angel - Wes/Fred - I liked Fred/Gunn. Then Fred suddenly turned into this whole other person and I hated her. And then she turned into a gigantic Mary Sue and I hated her more. Illyria was awesome though. Do I even need to mention Cordy/Connor? *shudders*
Alias - Syd/Vaughn - Bo-ring! I was a half-hearted Sydney/Will 'shipper. Even Sydney/Sark had more chemistry than Sydney/Vaughn.
GG - Rory/Jess, Rory/Logan - Hated both of these men. So. very. much. Seething hatred.
HIMYM - Robyn/Barney - I resisted it, but now that it's here... eh. It doesn't bother me and I think that's because I don't care that much.
Burn Notice - Michale/Fiona - I don't get this relationship, it's boring and there's no chemistry... someone else on LJ said something to that affect, but I can't remember who. I don't think they work, especially as this epic love story it's being painted it as. *shrug* I like her, don't get me wrong. I loved her in the first few episodes, and then they sort of changed her into this anooying woman who put herself and others in danger just to talk about her relationship with Michael and I lost all respect for her. I do like her again though. Less than in the beginning, but I like her. For a few episodes I thought Sam/Fiona was in the works. They have chemistry. I love them together, I just don't think I'd love them in a relationship. I've thought way too much about this. *moves on*
Eureka - Jack/Allison - This one is iffy because I don't know for sure they're heading that way again, yet, some more. I really hope it's not. I like Allison and I liked Allison/Nathan, but I don't really see Allison/Carter. Especially not after Tess. I love/loved her! Please don't go away forever.
Leverage - Nate/Sophie - I'm not against them, per se, they just bore me. I liked Sophie much better in the first season. Then they turned her all maternal and softened her... the mom-hair probably doesn't help. It feel a lot like Fiona in Burn Notice. It's okay to keep a woman abrasive and not lose the audience. Look at Parker. She took a long time to grow on me. I despised her in the pilot, not because she wasn't soft, but because of what she did to her parents and the blatant disregard she has for life. That's going a bit far for a character we're supposed to like. They left the parents thing a bit vague if I remember right, and then changed things later? I can't remember. Anyway, she grew on me, especially when she and Hardison are together. I love them. Hee.
Veronica Mars - Veronica/Duncan - This pairing really did nothing for the show. The past relationship was fine, but once Veronica toughened up and became the character we loved, they shouldn't have gone there again. I won't even mention Keith/wassername from Just Shoot Me. Harmony?
--
So, I have 3 new shows I'm going to be watching, yay! Because, I have a pathetic tv schedule this year. The past few years actually. Here's my current schedule as I remember it:
Monday -
Heroes
HIMYM *(downloading)
Tuesday -
--
Wednesday -
--
Thursday -
Project Runway
FlashForward
Supernatural
Friday -
Medium
Dollhouse *(downloading)
Smallville *(downloading)
Saturday -
--
Sunday -
Dexter *(downloading)
I haven't caught up on more than the first episode of HIMYM this year. Or Dexter. I like watching shows in blocks.
And the shows I do watch are either annoying the hell out of me--Smallville--or boring me to death-- Heroes, Supernatural, Project Runway, FlashForward. Dollhouse is just sort of there... not even boring, just existing. And Dexter feels like it lost something over the past 2 years. Medium is decent, as it has been for years. I've never been in love with the show, but I do really like it. I'm thrilled it moved to CBS when NBC canceled it.
I'm planning on starting Fringe again--I gave up after 5 episodes or so--and tried to catch up on Sanctuary again, but the next episode I had to watch from when I stopped was one in a plane crash in the Himalayas or something and it was so baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I couldn't even get through the whole episode. Does it get better? Should I stick it out? I hate that I dislike anything Amanda Tapping is in.
So, if you have any shows you love and think I should watch/be watching go ahead and pimp them.
--
I am almost finished with my auction fic... finished-ish. Heh. I also wrote a Glimpse in my head last night and all I have to do is write it down. This is huge. I haven't written or gotten any ideas in way too long. I was beginning to think my interest had completely waned. So glad it didn't.
--
* The downloaded shows I watch whenever I get around to them.
- Mood:
good
